CUPW is currently looking for eight members to participate in the Building Workers Power campaign as a Regional Organizer (RO).
From September 2022, anyone named RO will be responsible for collaborating with the 3rd National Vice-President, their regional office and locals in their region, to move between locals to help empower our workplaces, revitalize our members and help our union regain its fighting spirit!
- Conduct awareness activities with locals, regions and workplaces to help build an organizing network.
- Help train activists on how to take action in the workplace to build worker power.
- Organize members to perform structure testing in the workplace.
- Attend meetings with the
3rd National Vice President, Locals, Regions and other ROs and Officers as required.
- Report on completed work, collect analytics on campaign progress, and interact with various databases and other digital campaign tools.
- Discuss bargaining issues with workers and train others to do the same.
- The successful candidate must travel frequently and adhere to travel restrictions determined by health authorities.
- Prepare own work schedule on a monthly basis.
- Other relevant tasks as needed.
- Must be available from September 2022. Depending on the schedule, the works could be
full-time for the next six months,
at that time, the position will be reviewed and possibly extended.
- Enthusiastic, autonomous, able to work well alone and with others.
- Ability to work irregular hours and away from home for extended periods (there will be after-hours meetings, shop and job site visits).
- A driver’s license and the ability to drive are considered an asset where other transportation is not an option.
- Good speaking, writing, computer and organizational skills.
As part of our commitment to reflect the diversity of our membership, CUPW encourages applications from women, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, racialized people, Francophones, multilinguals and 2SLGBTQ+ people.
How to register
Your application must be submitted via the online form at https://www.cupw.ca/en/ro2022
Applications must be submitted no later than August 24, 2022, 1 p.m.